As the new year began, most of us welcomed the year with hope that 2021 will be a year of recovery from the challenges of 2020. The most challenging of course being the pandemic and the huge financial and emotional impact it has had on business, families, individuals and of course our Australian economy.
Unfortunately, the Covid threat is still very prevalent, especially with the new South African and UK variants hitting our shores from returned travellers in hotel quarantine. Thankfully lock down measures have prevented any major community transmission in identified “hot spots”.
However the Covid threat is far from over… and now with these new variants being reported as being more contagious than the original virus, continued protection is critical now more than ever.
So how can we protect ourselves?
- By social distancing – Keep at least 1.5 meters of distance between yourself and people outside your household.
- Regularly wash your hands with soap and water for a minimum 20 seconds, or use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser that contains at least 70% alcohol.
- Wear a mask in public places, especially when social distancing is difficult.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unclean hands.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces you often touch on a daily basis.
- Cover your mouth and nose with your elbow or a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw away the used tissue.
- Stay home if you feel unwell, even if the symptoms are mild and get tested ASAP.
- If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek urgent medical attention.
DID YOU KNOW?
Did you know that in February 2020, the World Health Organization advised on the use of “physical barriers to reduce exposure to the COVID-19 virus, such as glass or plastic windows”.
This was in line with the advice of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which recommends to “Place a barrier between employees and customers”.
We all have to do our part to protect ourselves and others!
Protection screens (also known as sneeze guards or acrylic screens) help prevent the spread of germs by acting as a physical barrier among employees and customers. They help limit exposure to respiratory fragments, which are dispensed when coughing, sneezing or even talking.
So if you haven’t installed any protection screens at your premises yet, then the time to act is now!!!
Signpower offers a range of stylish and durable protection screens ranging from free standing designs to fully suspended screens which provide complete access to counter tops for regular cleaning that is critical to hospitality, medical and retail environments.
Our suspended screens can also be illuminated! Logos, slogans, directions anything relevant to your brand can be promoted with the power of illumination.
Protection screens will continue to over health and safety benefits well into the future, by providing lasting protection against ALL air-borne germs, including the common cold and flu and any other threat to public health that may come along.